set speed aka onehansonplace.com

8/29/2007

More A&H antics at Hello Living

From a comment early this morning on this post:

Heller fellow blogger readers. Yesterday I inquired into remaining availability at Hello Brooklyn. My call was fielded by a salesperson from Aguayo & Huebener named Rick Staula. He offered me very inaccurate information regarding this development and told that there were no mortgage contingencies offered at this property. Given the current state of the mortgage industry I found that rather odd. After calling back anonymously and realizing that Rick was completely wrong despite insisting so I asked to be reassigned to a different broker and sure enough I was shown an apt this morning which I have now put in an offer on. It was to my complete disbelief that I received a message this afternoon on my Blackberry from my receptionist letting me know that a man named Rick Staula had called and asked for me and when he was told I was unavailable he proceded to berate my employee and told her to tell me that I am a 'Jerk'. This was by far the most distasteful interaction I have ever had with a real estate salesperson and I would urge anybody thinking about doing any business with Aguayo & Huebener to think twice given the fact that they have such a rude and incompetant person on their staff. It's one thing to call me a jerk. It's another to call my place of employment and say such a thing. I am considering reporting this salesperson to the NY State Licensing Bureau. He does not deserve to have a license and certainly he should not be an agent in as open a community as Park Slope is. I have lived in the neighborhood for my life and will see to it that this man pays for his actions.

One more thing. To A&H's credit they did offer to send me flowers and were bery apologetic. The only real apology will come when this man is no longer on their staff. I am one person who is not worth pissing off. If anyone else has had a less than desirable interaction with this man please posit your experience here. His name is Rick Staula

Labels: , ,


18 Comments:

At August 29, 2007 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't know the guy at all, but as a mortgage broker I can tell you that realtors like that are a dime a dozen. Work with them all the time. Regarding a 'no mortgage contingency clause' they are still in force with many of the larger new construction projects. Made my job very interesting with the current market conditions.

 
At August 29, 2007 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had similar experience with Rick. I looked at an apartment in a different Prospect Heights development and after listening to Rick talk for a couple of minutes, I realized he had no idea what he was talking about and asked to be assigned to a different broker. I nver got an abusing phone call from Rick (I don't think I ever game him my number) and the other A&H broker was very nice and competent. But I got the feeling from her that we weren't the first people who asked to be reassigned away from Rick.

 
At August 29, 2007 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the Park Slope community is so great why are you moving to Prospect Heights?

 
At August 29, 2007 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In these situations i just ask myself WWJMD? What would Jerry Minsky Do?

 
At August 29, 2007 7:29 PM, Blogger ltjbukem said...

since i, jerry minsky, the author of this blog, i would tell hello living to hand over all their listings to corcoran and have myself as the lead marketer on them.

 
At August 30, 2007 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that I have had wonderful experiences working with Aguayo and Hubener--I have both bought and sold with them. My salepeople have always been excellent. I am disturbed to see becuase of one saleperson's mistakes people are talking badly about the whole company. One bad apples does not make a company bad. My next sale and purchase will be with Aguayo and Hubener.

 
At August 30, 2007 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jerry.

There is a rumor about that you are a little or a lot off your rocker. Why would any developer hand a project over to you --someone who has no experience in major projects. Plus you have a reputation as being unstable....

 
At August 30, 2007 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I was the poster who made that posting with spelling errors and all.
I just want to note Peggy Aguayo did call me and profusely apologize. That being said what an idiot this guy Rick is.

 
At August 30, 2007 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have not been very impressed with the crop of Brooklyn realtors I've met so far. Have bought and sold in other cities and came away with two observations: being a realtor in NYC must take no training whatsoever, and heaven help most of these people when the market slows down.

That said, I was consistently surprised with the level of knowledge and professionalism from Corcoran.

Don't realtors know that the impression they make when selling a place probably guarantees them a future job when the current buyer moves on?

 
At August 30, 2007 7:39 PM, Blogger ltjbukem said...

11:44am: i was responsible for greene house condos. perhaps you forgot about that project, where i sold units for close to 1000 psf in the good ol ft greene, (which i OWN, btw)..

i sold two $1.5mm condos in clinton hill on grand st also...

 
At August 30, 2007 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally find A&H the most knowledgeable and have some of the best listings. It's a shame someone on their team did something so stupid as this, but it is one sided. Interesting to think how volatile things can get between brokers and sellers/buyers. Curious who thinks they should fire this guy?

 
At August 30, 2007 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's welcome to post his side of the story, you know

 
At August 30, 2007 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick is a tawdry crook and should have his licence revoked.

El hefe Peg Aguayo just keeps him around because he makes her mucho dinero.

I'm going to reach-out to the NYS Atorney General's office and have them go after this loser!

 
At August 30, 2007 9:43 PM, Blogger ltjbukem said...

looks like the OP also posted this diatribe on craigslist..

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/rfs/408689907.html

 
At August 31, 2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The anger directed at Ms. Ricki Cake Spatula is warranted.

Honest brokers unite, rise up!

 
At August 31, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am the OP and yes I put my rant on CL but really I just want people to know not to work with him. He has since apologized but not after a whole bunch of justification and bullshit. At the end of day he does not deserve to work in Real Estate if he calls his customers offices and berates them when things do not go to his liking.

 
At September 01, 2007 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honest brokers unite? Wait maybe the broker was being honest by calling him a jerk maybe he is a douchbag! LOL!!

 
At September 05, 2007 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, ltjbukem, why are you posting as Jerry M here?

This whole thread cracks me up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Interested in advertising here? Contact One Hanson Place