Community supported agriculture in Brooklyn
For those who enjoy cooking in Fort Greene, Clinton Hill and Prospect Heights and are wondering where to get a reliable source of produce and meats, consider a community-supported agriculture program (CSA).
There are CSA's in Prospect Heights and Clinton Hill. The Clinton Hill CSA site is here. The program runs from June to November and if you make over $30K, it costs $414. For this price, you get
- Fresh, seasonal, organically grown produce from Windlflower Farm for about 23 weeks, from June to November.
- 8-15 different vegetables every week for less money than what you would spend at the grocery store.
- The satisfaction of helping to sustain local agriculture in upstate New York.
- Weekly newsletters on produce preservation, preparation, storage, and recipes.
- A greater sense of community.
Pickups are at Gates and Downing.