set speed aka onehansonplace.com

9/16/2005

More petty crime in Ft. Greene / Clinton Hill

A reader reports an attempted wheel-jacking from his high-performance sports car:

I parked my car on Vanderbilt between DeKalb and Lafayette last night
around the corner from our house. This morning I noticed that I had a flat
tire, then I noticed some bolts on the ground near the wheel...THEN I
noticed that all of the lug nuts had been removed from ALL 4 of my wheels.
The car fell in such a way that the wheels wedged into the wheel wells of
the car. Basically, the idiot who tried to steal the wheels off of my car
failed because they didn't have a jack.

Besides being a major pain in the ass, I realized that had one of the tires
not popped under the weight of the car being dropped on it, I may have not
noticed and driven the car...which would have caused major damage/ injury.

Anyway, I purchased locking lug nuts today. $35 for a set of 4. If you
don't have them, I suggest you get them. On my to work this morning I
noticed another car literally sitting on the ground with no wheels.
Just thought you should be aware...

The police seemed disinterested when I called since nothing was
actually stolen...


1 Comments:

At September 16, 2005 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was posted on daily heights:
http://dailyheights.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=903&sid=5c68da41abf92b895186bfe4f30b2c36

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Interested in advertising here? Contact One Hanson Place