set speed aka onehansonplace.com

9/09/2005

Fort Greene - after Blimpies

It's been a few weeks since the Blimpies retail outlet opened up on the corner of South Elliott and Lafayette. Have the naysayers noticed any unusual degradation in their quality-of-life?

This location has garnered several mentions in the blogosphere, including brownstoner.com, this blog and the NY Times article from Jake Mooney.

In a cross-cultural twist-of-fate, we noticed a few weeks ago that this Blimpies also sells Indian kulfi, a kind of ice cream.


3 Comments:

At September 09, 2005 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed a Nathan's hotdog wrapper tossed on the sidewalk a couple blocks away. Nothing like fast-food litter to make a historic district look good.

I wasn't thrilled with the thought of Blimpie's coming - plus I liked the bizarre chaos of the video store that was there - but I did stop by for a sandwich the other day. Place already looks kinda run down, I thought, or just a little disorganized. And the food was expectedly blah. Not terrible, but not good. Plenty of other sandwich shops in the area that I'll go to instead.

 
At September 09, 2005 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even noticed it was there and I live on Lafayette. Guess I'll check it out? I never understood the big deal really.

 
At September 12, 2005 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only a matter of time before someone littered a nathans/blimpie wrapper.

SOME people in ft greene are litter happy thinking nothing about leaving their doritos packet, $.25 juice box or other fast food packaging lying on the sidewalk in front of my place or decorating Cuyler Gore park (despite the 15 garbage cans).

This is hardly Blimpie's fault though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Interested in advertising here? Contact One Hanson Place